UASC is pleased to announce that the following e-channels will be ready for receiving and processing the VGM information on/after 18 June, 2016. This will allow customers to submit the VGM for cargo which is shipped before implementation effectiveness of 1 July, 2016.
- UASC Online (for registered customers)
- Direct EDI (between customer and UASC)
- Third party portals (e.g. INTTRA, GT Nexus and CargoSmart)
- Manual (via Email – non-preferred channel)
Additionally, to provide customers with the latest about the regulation, UASC has revamped its existing VGM webpage covering the following elements:
- VGM Video providing you with an overview of the regulation and what it entails
- Customer Advisories
- Customer FAQs
- Submitting VGM
- Obtaining tare weight online (for method 2)
- Links to international regulations and industry FAQs
Please be reminded that as per IMO regulation, UASC will not be able to load any packed container without VGM certification post 1 July, 2016.